Please be advised that there will be forthcoming changes for bus route X64 and 46 from April 14th 2019
Local Bus Service X64: Exeter - Kennford - Kingsteignton -
Newton Abbot - Ipplepen - Totnes - Harbertonford - Halwell - Dartmouth
Local Bus Service 46: Exeter - Kingskerswell - Torquay - Paignton
The County Council contract covering part of the X64 bus service shortly reaches the end of its statutory maximum eight-year term.
The County Council contract covered only the section between Exeter and Totnes, with Totnes - Dartmouth being maintained by Stagecoach without County Council financial support.
From 14th April 2019, Stagecoach have resolved to implement three commercical decisions, i.e. outside any County Council contract and without County Council financial support:
- To provide an hourly Service 7/7A between Exeter and Newton Abbot (compared with the approximately two-hourly X64 now), with peak-hour extensions to Torquay. The route into Exeter will include Matford Park & Ride;
- As a separate service, to operate Service 92 between Totnes and Dartmouth on the same frequency (eight buses a day) as this section of the current Service X64;
- To withdraw Service 46, Exeter - Torquay - Paignton, except at peak work-times when Torquay will be served by extending the new 7A.
The County Council response is:
- Following a competitive tender originally aimed at replacing the X64, a new, amended County Council contract has been awarded to Stagecoach which will see the extension of their new Exeter - Newton Abbot Service 7 to Totnes. This maintains journey opportunities between Exeter and Totnes and intermediate points along the former X64 route;
- Dartmouth will be served by means of a change of bus in Totnes from the 7 to the 92;
- Most work-time usage of Service 46 is by people living in Torbay and working in Exeter. We believe off-peak usage is also biased towards Torbay residents travelling to Exeter. Any shortfall in provision therefore is primarily a matter for Torbay Council. Journeys between Exeter, Torquay and Paignton can be made on the half-hourly train service, although this is less convenient for passengers originating from the Countess Wear and Marsh Barton areas. The hourly 7/7A via Countess Wear and Marsh Barton will, however, connect conveniently at Newton Abbot with the Service 12 route which runs every ten minutes to Torquay and Paignton, also serving Kingskerswell. The connection also enables journeys to and from Exeter;
- The Sunday & Bank Holiday service between Exeter, Totnes and Dartmouth continues by means of Service 7/92.
To view or download the timetable for Bus No: 7 & Bus No: 7A, please click here:- or to view or download the timetable for, Bus No: 92, please click here:-